Our family loves Chicken Tikka Masala! I always believed it was a dish that I had to order in a restaurant...until I actually tried it at home and discovered how savory and satisfying it could be on our family's dinner table. But did you know that Chicken Tikka Masala is not actually an Indian dish? It begins in Glasgow, Scotland in 1971 with Pakistani chef, Ali Ahmed Aslam, as recounted by his son:
"On a typical dark, wet Glasgow night, a bus driver coming off shift came in and ordered a chicken curry. He sent it back to the waiter saying it's dry. At the time, Dad had an ulcer and was enjoying a plate of tomato soup. So he said why not put some tomato soup into the curry with some spices. They sent it back to the table and the bus driver absolutely loved it. He and his friends came back again and again and we put it on the menu."
As simple as that! This is what good food is all about--influences from home and from afar stewing together unique spices with comforting tradition. So let Curious Table satisfy your family this Thursday, February 13th, with chicken tikka masala, rice, a fresh take on kachumber Indian salad, warm garlic naan, and a luscious mango panna cotta for dessert--all a little bit of culinary love on Valentine's Eve:
- Chicken Tikka Masala with Indian spices, yogurt marinated diced chicken, tomatoes, coconut milk, onions and peppers stewed together smooth & savory
- Selection of white, brown or cauliflower rice with turmeric & Curious Herb
- Fresh Kachumber-style Indian salad with tomatoes, cucumber, mint, arugula, chickpeas, fresh green peas, green onions, garam salam seasoning, and a citrus-yogurt dressing
- Fresh-baked garlic naan on the side for dipping in the leftover sauce
- Mango panna cotta dessert with a smooth creamy base, honey and cardamom seasoning, and diced mango
Order now for home delivery this Thursday. A family meal made ready for you by Curious Table—be generous, eat well, be well!