The most comforting foods are typically the most humble in origin. Minestrone literally means Italian stew and dates back thousands of years prior to Rome being Rome. Belonging to the cucina povera ("poor kitchen") style of cooking , it is considered a frugal dish--healthy, rustic, simple, farm-based & packed with "left-overs." Sounds nearly perfect as winter's chill persists!
Let Curious Table's Winter Minestrone satisfy your family this Thursday, February 20th:
- Winter minestrone with a Curious Herb vegetable broth, selection of winter squashes, Roman beans, leeks, chopped kale, diced tomatoes, green beans, roasted red peppers, and orzo pasta served as either:
- Vegetarian with a side of white-wine braised button mushrooms
- Meat-based with a side of white-wine braised sweet Italian sausage
- Grated parmesan and/or chopped basil for dressing the soup
- Tomato, boncini (small mozzarella balls) or Marcona almonds & arugula salad with honey-balsamic dressing
- Crispy Curious Herb French bread loaf with fresh pesto spread
Based on your family’s needs, choose either the menu option “Vegetarian: Mushrooms” or “Meat: Sausage.” Please let us know of any other dietary needs you have—we aim to perfectly serve your family!
Curious Table now offers an ultimate convenience package that includes dishes, cutlery, glasses and a carafe of water—all you have to do after eating is place the dirty dishes in the bag and we take care of the clean up! Choose “Include” under the Dishes option when ordering.
Order now for home delivery this Thursday. A family meal made ready for you by Curious Table—eat well, be well!